The advantages and disadvantages of using mouse poison

The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Mouse Poison

When you have a mouse or mice in your home, it can cause problems. Mice will go into your cabinets and relieve themselves in your pots and pans and in your dishes. They will get into your food and help themselves. Some mice will even chew on wires in the walls causing serious problems with your electrical system. When it comes to killing the mice in your home, you have a few options. You can get a cat, hoping that he will take care of the problem. You can set up mouse traps, or you can set out mouse poison.

We have already covered different types of mouse traps:

Electronic Mouse Traps – Do They Really Work

Snap-E Mouse Trap Review

What Is The Best Bait For Mouse Traps?

4 Reasons Your Mouse Traps Aren’t Working!

We have even covered some natural ways to get ride of mice:

Mothballs For Mice – A Safe & Effective Repellent?

How To Use Peppermint Oil As A Mouse Repellent

 

More and more people are using poison. Before you decide to do so, you should know the pros and cons associated with using poison.

Pros of Using Rat Poison

 

Poison has several advantages over many of the other products on the market to get rid of mice. Some of these include:

Easy and Effective:

Poison is very easy to use. All you need to do is get the mice to eat it. You can either purchase the poison in the form of food. You can also purchase it in the liquid form. Many of the poisons on the market contain a bait that will attract the mice to the product. The best part is that poison does not have batteries that need to be changed, traps that need to be reset, or any switches to turn on. You simply put the poison out and let it do its job.

Cost:

One of the biggest advantages of using poison is the cost. It doesn’t cost much money to buy poison. There are many varieties to choose from and each of them is designed to work better in different homes. If you don’t have much money to spend, poison is your best bet.

It Works Quickly:

The bait that is included in the poison will attract all of the mice in the home. After they eat the poison, it usually only takes a few minutes for them to die.

It Works on Several Mice: If you choose to use a mouse trap to get rid of your mouse problem, one trap will only kill one mouse. If you have several mice in your home, the one trap won’t be enough. As long as you put down enough poison, you can wipe out all of the mice living in your home in just a few days.

Cons of Using Rat Poison

 

While there are several advantages of using poison to rid your home of mice, there are also a few disadvantages that you should know about before you decide on a method for killing your mice.

It Can Be Dangerous to Pets and Children:

If you have pets or children in the home, this might not be the best method to kill the mice in your home. If your pets or children get into the poison, it can be very dangerous. Since kids get into everything, you cannot trust that they won’t find the mouse poison. The same is true with small pets.

If Not Used Properly, It Will Fail:

This is not like a mouse trap where you hit a button and the trap is set. It needs to be done properly. If you don’t read the directions and follow them to the letter, your mouse problem will not go away.

The Added Bait Doesn’t Always Work:

If you purchase a cheap poison, the bait may not be as powerful as you would like. If you cannot lure the mice to the poison, it won’t kill them. It is important to purchase a poison with a strong bait. If you really want to be sure that the mice will be attracted to the poison, you should add a bit of your own bait. Many people will use cheese. If the mice don’t eat the cheese withing the first few days, it can spoil and start to smell. If you want to put down the best bait, you should use dry dog food, dry cat food, or potato chips. Each of these will draw the mouse out if the bait in the poison is not strong enough.

Everything Needs to Be Cleaned After:

If your mouse problem is in a cupboard where you keep your dishes or pans, you would need to set your poison there to make sure that the mice will take the bait. After the mice have eaten the poison and died, you would need to clean out the entire cabinet. If a mouse ate a bit of the poison and spit it out, it can be very dangerous to your family, especially if they eat out of a dish after. Once the mice problem has been eradicated, you would need to empty all of your cabinets and clean them thoroughly. You would also need to wash any dishes and pans that were in the area where the poison was placed. This can be very time-consuming, but it is essential to the health and safety of your family.

Constant Checking:

When you set a mouse trap, you will often hear it when it goes off after a mouse has taken the bait. You also know where you put the trap, so the mouse will be easy to find. This is not the case with poison. A mouse can live for a few minutes after eating the poison and it will have time to travel to a different area. You will need to check constantly if the poison was eaten, and they search for the dead mouse. This can be time-consuming, especially if the mouse doesn’t take the bait fast enough. Hunting for dead mice every few hours can be a huge inconvenience.

A mouse infestation can wreak havoc in your home. While they may look cute and sweet, they can spread disease. Because of this, you need to get rid of the problem fast. Before you decide to set poison traps, you should know the advantages and disadvantages of using the product.

Non Toxic Spray

Non-Toxic Spray

 

This non-toxic spray kills larvae, eggs, and adult insects by breaking down their exoskeleton. It is safe to spray around the home and works only on the insects. Feel good about spraying indoors around pets, plants and children.
All Natural Non Toxic Insect Killer Spray by Killer Green

amazon-logo_black